Thursday, April 18, 2013

Winter storm + Colored rice = BLAST!

Colored Rice:
-1 1/2 cups white rice
-Tblsp vinegar
- few drops of food coloring

Add ingredients into a bowl - have the kids shake away!
Spread it out on a cookie sheet (I used wax paper on top) and
then bake at 175 degrees for 10 minutes!
(Thanks Trista for the idea!)


Shake, shake, shake..



Some of our colors! (Each color was about a bag of rice!)

Ta-da! (About 5 bags worth here!)

They found some objects to play with!
-Spoons, cups, cows, horses, tractors, wagons, etc!



Honestly - they played with this stuff ALL MORNING!
I will admit no one even attempted eating it!
And also my floor is a DISASTER .. but
well worth it!


The 3 girls I had today .. lined up chairs and watched Greg snow-blow!
The school age kids got out early (10 am) so they joined in on our rice fun too!
(The lighting in the pic was bad..)

To cute!


Happy Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment